…touchdown treats for the big game
Inspired by a cupcake cake I saw at a bakery, I wanted to create something that was festive, decorative, and a conversation starter. My sister threw the ultimate Super Bowl party for all of our friends and of course my contribution was something sweet. This easy-to-make pull-apart cake was the perfect solution. It made for a fun evening and a great centerpiece for the table. With a little creativity, you can arrange cupcakes into in object you desire. This football cake was the hit of the party--for the adults and the kids!
(recipe adapted from Betty Crocker)
1 box Betty Crocker® Chocolate Swirl Cake Mix
1 large box of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container Whipped Betty Crocker® Chocolate frosting
1 tub Betty Crocker® white frosting
(1) Heat oven to 375°F
(2) Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
(3) Make cake batter as directed on cake mix box.
(4) Add in dry pudding mix and whisk until completely dissolved in batter.
(5) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
(6) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(7) Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
(Assembly directions below)
(1) Spoon frosting into decorating bag with large star tip (Or into Ziploc bag with tip snipped off).
(2) Arrange cupcakes in football shape using 20 of the 24 cupcakes.
(3) Pipe thick lines of frosting over football-cupcake shape. Using spatula, spread frosting over cupcakes.
(4) Pipe decorative border around edge of football. Pipe laces with white icing.
(5) Frost and decorate remaining cupcakes as desired, and serve alongside football. Enjoy!