…a light and refreshing tangy treat!
By: Jessica Ellis
As the “big sister,” my job is to lead by example, protect my younger siblings, and teach them all of life’s valuable lessons. Every once in a while (if you’re lucky like me) you get a chance to learn a little something from them too. I have been blessed with a little sister whose talents in the kitchen far exceed anything I could ever attempt to teach her, especially when it comes to baking! So for her college graduation, I had to try and honor her accomplishments both in the classroom and in the kitchen, with aspecial cake to show her how very proud I am!
This cake packs a ton of flavor while remaining totally simple and perfect for any spring gathering. I topped it with a few plump raspberries for added color and tartness. At the end of the day, I think I did a pretty good job…but in the future, I think I’ll leave the sweet creations up to the expert! I hope you enjoy my small attempt at big flavor with this Luscious Lemon Cake inspired by the love I have for my little sister.
(Recipe by Kraft Foods)
2 baked round white cake layers (9 inch), cooled
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) or 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) Jell-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Jell-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup cold milk
3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
(Adapted by Kraft Foods)
(1) Place cake layers, top-sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round pans
(2) Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals
(3) Addboiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved; carefully pour over cake layers and refrigerate 3 hours
(4) Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk for 2 minutes; stir in cool whip
(5) Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto plate
(6) Spread with about 1 cup pudding mixture, then unmold second cake layer and carefully place on first cake layer
(7) Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture; refrigerate 1 hour and top with fresh fruit if desired. Enjoy! :)