…warm up with this mini cobbler
Original recipe by Rachel Ray, this Berry Crumble is perfect year-round and can be prepared ahead of time for an easy bake-to-order dessert. The warm fruit and crumbly oats make for the perfect combination, resembling a soft, cakery cobbler. The nutty topping adds crunch, texture, and lots of flavor. This is a must-try dessert!
3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, lightly crushed
1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons sugar
A hefty pinch of ground cinnamon
A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter, softened, plus more for greasing ramekins
For the filling:
1 bag frozen raspberries (10 ounces), thawed
1 bag frozen blueberries (10 ounces), thawed
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
(1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
(2) Grease four 6-ounce ramekins and transfer them to a foil-lined baking sheet and set aside.
(3) To make the topping, combine the almonds, oats, sugar and spices in a bowl.
(4) Add the butter, and, with your fingers or a fork, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until large, coarse crumbs form. Set aside while you make the filling.
(5) To make the filling, put the berries into a strainer set over a bowl to catch the juices.
(6) Add the sugar and cornstarch to the juices and whisk until smooth and the starch dissolves.
(7) Gently fold the berries back into their juices, then divide the mixture among the greased ramekins.
(8) Top each filled dish with a quarter of the crumble topping and place on the baking sheet.
(9) Bake until bubbling hot and the topping is golden, about 20 minutes. Allow the crumbles to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. ENJOY!