…your favorite sandwich—in cookie form!
Inspired by Martha Stewart’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints, these lil’ snackers are easy to whip up and pleasing to all. They combine the creamy, distinct taste of peanut butter with a rather sweet, yet tart raspberry jam for a hard-to-resist cookie! The preserves also add a sweet edge and a different texture to the mix. There is just something satisfying about this brilliant combination of salty and sweet that you’d be silly not to try it! Trust me, you won’t be disappointed! :)
1 package Betty Crocker® Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg
1 large scoop of peanut butter (for that extra peanut buttery taste!)
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
(1) Heat oven to 350°
(2) Stir cookie mix, water, oil and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Add in large scoop of peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
(3) Roll pieces of dough into 1-inch balls; then roll each ball in granulated sugar, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
(4) Bake until cookies are puffy, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven, and make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon. (Or make heart-shaped indents by making overlapping thumbprints in the center of the cookie)
(5) Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden, 2-4 minutes more. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool completely.
(6) Heat jam in a small microwavable bowl for 30 seconds, stirring, until loosened.. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each indentation.
(7) Cookies can be stored in a single layer for up to 1 week. (Use wax paper to separate layers of cookies so they don't stick to one another) Enjoy! :)