…heat things up with this decadent drink
Sometimes, a rich, chocolatey drink is the perfect substitution for a slice of cake or plate of cookies—especially on wintery, cold nights. This delectable, creamy cocktail is comprised of Peppermint Mocha Kahlúa and hot cocoa—served up steamin’ hot and garnished with marshmallows and peppermint candies. Impress your Valentine this year by adding a delicate touch with easy-to-make heart-shaped marshmallows (as shown below).
4 oz. milk
2 oz. hot chocolate mix—best with Ultimate Hot Cocoa Mix
2 oz. Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha liqueur
(1) In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer and whisk in the hot chocolate mix.
(2) Stir on low heat for 30 seconds then remove from heat and add Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha.
(3) Pour into your favorite mug, garnish with marshmallows and a peppermint candies and serve hot.
Colored sprinkles or sugar
(1) Snip marshmallows in half, lengthwise
(2) Cut around halves to form heart-shaped mallows
(3) Dip sticky side of marshmallow in colored sugar or sprinkles
(4) Float in cocoa and sip away! :)