…Oreo-infused vanilla buttercream sandwiched between 2 chocolate cookies
Everyone loves Oreos. It’s a fact of life. (And if you don’t, well, I’m sorry, but we cannot be friends.) Just like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, there are hundreds of ways to eat an Oreo.
Maybe you like to eat your Oreo(s)…
1. All at once
2. One bite at a time
3. Slow and methodical nibbles examining the results of each bite afterwards
4. In little feverous nibbles
5. Dunked in some liquid (milk, coffee...) ßthis is totally me!
6. Twisted apart, the inside, then the cookie
7. Twisted apart, the inside, and toss the cookie
8. Just the cookie, not the inside
Either way, Oreos can be just as unique as the way you eat them. With 33 different variations, Oreos are making themselves marketable to every human being on the planet.
Peanut Butter stuffed Oreos. Chocolate stuffed Oreos. Cool Mint stuffed Oreos. Fudge Sundae Oreos. Reduced Fat Oreos. Golden Oreos. Golden Chocolate Oreos. Oreo Fudge Rings. Oreo Cakesters. Oreo Fun Stix. Sugar Free Oreos. Oreo Snack Cakes. Oreo Thin Crisps. Yada, Yada, Yada…Last but not least, DOUBLE STUFFED OREOS. Yes please. You had me at double.
Thanks to Nabisco, I’m slightly overweight and significantly obsessed with these cream-filled cookies. I thought it’d be a good idea to make my own Oreos, because everything is healthier when you make it yourself, right? Right.
These rich, chocolate cookie sandwiches are stuffed with a creamy, vanilla cookie-infused frosting that make them extra tasty. They are double the size, double the flavor, but I’m going to go ahead and pretend they are still only half the calories as the store-bought originals. Mmmmk? Enjoy! :)
For the chocolate cookies:
Recipe adapted from: Flour Child
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg
For the cookies ‘n’ cream filling:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
Sprinkle of salt, to tasting
8 Oreos, crushed very finely
First make the cookies:
(1) Set two racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F.
(2) In a food processor, or bowl of an electric mixer, thoroughly mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, salt, and sugar. While pulsing, or on low speed, add the butter, and then the egg. Continue processing or mixing until dough comes together in a mass.
(1) Using an electric mixer, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth
(2) Slowly add powdered sugar until barely mixed in, and then increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2-3 minutes
(3) Fold in crushed Oreos
(1) To assemble the cookies, turn them over on their backs and match each of them up to another cookie equal in size.
(2) Drop a teaspoon-size blob of buttercream into the center of one cookie.
(3) Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream.
(4) Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream.
Brownie Covered Oreos
Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies