…a bite-sized chocolatey treat
[[Featured in Health magazine: January 2011]]
Aside from peanut butter, chocolate pairs perfectly with a sweet, ripe banana. Top off this cool combo with your favorite candy bar or salted nuts and you have the recipe for deliciousness. These bites are full of flavor and style. Simple. Elegant. Tasty. Enough said—now let’s get dippin’!
4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Assorted toppings for coating bananas (Crushed M&M’s, peanuts, shredded coconut, Reese’s, toffee bits, Butterfingers…etc.)
(1) Peel and freeze the bananas ahead of time.
(2) In microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring well after each, until chocolate is completely smooth
(3) Remove banana from freezer and slice into thick chunks
(4) Dip each piece hallway into chocolate, and then roll in topping of choice
(5) Place banana pieces on wax-paper lined baking sheet and pop back into freezer for an additional 15 minutes, or until set
(6) Serve immediately, or keep in freezer for up to 3 hours. Enjoy J